Additional Activities Directions: Scan some articles for words formed by affixes. Copy the sentence where a word formed by an affix or affixes appear and underline the word that contains the affix or affixes. Find five examples of such words and have them listed together with the sentence in which they appear. To help you see how you write the answers, an example has been given below. Example: War of the Worlds features how a band of survivors finally defeated a race of aliens who almost conquered the planet. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. pa tulong po please
Remember, affixes simply refers to words that are attached to a word (add the beginning or end of the word) to form a new word or word form.
Find five examples of such words in a sentence are:
1. “Because of the temperature, the pot was untouchable.” We notice here that the word was formed from the word touch; by adding ‘un’ at the beginning and ‘able’ to the end we form the word ‘untouchable’.
2. “They were unbeatable for the whole season.” We can notice here that the word was formed from the word beat; by adding ‘un’ at the beginning and ‘able’ to the end we form the word ‘unbeatable’.
3. “There is a lot of misinformation about the pandemic.” We observe here that the word was formed from the word information; by adding ‘mis’ at the beginning we form the word ‘misinformation’.
4. “I successfully wrote my exams.” We also observe here that the word was formed from the word success; by adding ‘fully’ at the end which forms the word ‘successfully’.
5. “He feels joyful today.” We observe that the word was formed from the word joy; by adding ‘ful’ at the end which forms the word ‘joyful
Our team advises readers to look into the following questions :Ito ay batas para sa lahat ng mamamayang Roman.